By Miriam Griffin
- Explores Caesar from a number of views: army genius, ruthless tyrant, magnificent flesh presser, first-class orator, subtle guy of letters, and more
- Utilizes Caesar’s personal extant writings
- Examines the viewpoints of Caesar’s contemporaries and explores Caesar’s portrayals via artists and writers in the course of the ages
Read Online or Download A Companion to Julius Caesar (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Constantine's victory in 312 on the conflict of the Milvian Bridge tested his rule because the first Christian emperor. This e-book examines the construction and dissemination of the legends approximately that conflict and its value. Christian histories, panegyrics, and an honorific arch at Rome quickly venerated his victory, and the emperor himself contributed to the parable via describing his imaginative and prescient of a go within the sky sooner than the conflict.
** This digital version comprises forty illustrations ** mostly girls in historic Rome led modest, unobtrusive and constrained lives - aside, that's, from a bunch who broke the mildew. utilizing old resources ( Livy, Suetonius, et al) in addition to numismatic and sculptural facts, Rome girls information the lives of Rome's so much influential girls to envision, uniquely, what influence they'd on modern politics, and or how a long way they and their reputations and activities mirrored and affected girls typically in Roman society.
Inanna used to be the nice goddess of the Sumerians, a those that lived 5000 12 months in the past within the position we all know this present day as Iraq the place was once created the 1st city civilization in human background. Inanna, the goddess of sexual love and attached with the planet Venus used to be liable for the fertility of the land and the later goddesses, the Greek Aphrodite and the Roman Venus followed many features of Inanna.
Heritage of Greece. Greece booklet, Greek faith, Greece heritage evidence, Greece historical past and tradition, Greece in kindle publication. the rustic that's now known as Hellas used to be no longer frequently settled in precedent days. the folk have been migratory, and easily left their houses at any time when they have been overpowered via numbers.
- Pompeii's Ashes: The Reception of the Cities Buried by Vesuvius in Literature, Music, and Drama
- The Fall of the Athenian Empire (A New History of the Peloponnesian War)
- Der Mythos von Medea: Didaktische Ausarbeitung zu Christa Wolfs Medea (German Edition)
- The Travels of Leo of Rozmital through Germany, Flanders, England, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy 1465-1467 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- The House of the Mother: The Social Roles of Maternal Kin in Biblical Hebrew Narrative and Poetry (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
Extra info for A Companion to Julius Caesar (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)