By William J. Abraham
Read or Download Canon and Criterion in Christian Theology: From the Fathers to Feminism PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
Considering that Thomas Aquinas first outlined theology as revelation--or the rational elucidation of printed truth--the inspiration has performed a primary position within the historical past of Western theology. This ebook offers a brand new and specified research of the idea that, analyzing its nature, assets, and barriers in all 5 of the main scriptural religions of the area: Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism.
"Following Vattimo's postmodern philosophy, Badiou's postmetaphysical ontology, and that i ek's innovative variety, the authors of this terrific ebook invitations us to reactivate our politics of resistance opposed to our best enemy: company capitalism. the easiest option to the ecological, strength, and fiscal concern company capitalism has created, as Crockett Clayton and Jeffrey Robbins recommend, is a brand new theological materialism the place Being is conceived as strength either subjectively and objectively.
Hannah Arendt started her scholarly profession with an exploration of Saint Augustine's inspiration of caritas, or neighborly love, written lower than the path of Karl Jaspers and the effect of Martin Heidegger. After her German educational lifestyles got here to a halt in 1933, Arendt carried her dissertation into exile in France, and years later took an identical battered and stained replica to long island.
This publication is Wiebe's security of the declare major type of non secular adventure is located in 'knowing anything we haven't any correct to know'. He selects forty-five first-hand bills from a data-base on the college of Wales to make his case, and, in unity with these humans, recounts whatever of his personal event.
- Religion and Theism: The Forwood Lectures Delivered at Liverpool University, 1933. Together with a Chapter on the Psychological Accounts of the Origin ... Library Editions: Philosophy of Religion)
- The Heavens Declare: Natural Theology and the Legacy of Karl Barth
- The Arguments of Aquinas: A Philosophical View (Routledge Studies in the Philosophy of Religion)
- Humanismus: Ein buddhistischer Entwurf für das 21. Jahrhundert (German Edition)
- On Freedom, Love, and Power: Expanded Edition
Extra info for Canon and Criterion in Christian Theology: From the Fathers to Feminism