By Dean Turner
Read or Download Escape from God: The Use of Religion and Philosophy to Evade Responsibility PDF
Best religious philosophy books
Due to the fact Thomas Aquinas first outlined theology as revelation--or the rational elucidation of published truth--the notion has performed a primary position within the heritage of Western theology. This publication offers a brand new and precise research of the concept that, interpreting its nature, resources, and barriers in all 5 of the foremost scriptural religions of the area: Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism.
"Following Vattimo's postmodern philosophy, Badiou's postmetaphysical ontology, and that i ek's progressive variety, the authors of this terrific publication invitations us to reactivate our politics of resistance opposed to our best enemy: company capitalism. the easiest way to the ecological, strength, and monetary problem company capitalism has created, as Crockett Clayton and Jeffrey Robbins recommend, is a brand new theological materialism the place Being is conceived as power either subjectively and objectively.
Hannah Arendt begun her scholarly profession with an exploration of Saint Augustine's suggestion of caritas, or neighborly love, written below the course of Karl Jaspers and the impression of Martin Heidegger. After her German educational existence got here to a halt in 1933, Arendt carried her dissertation into exile in France, and years later took an identical battered and stained reproduction to ny.
This publication is Wiebe's protection of the declare major kind of religious adventure is located in 'knowing whatever we don't have any correct to know'. He selects forty-five first-hand bills from a data-base on the college of Wales to make his case, and, in cohesion with these humans, recounts anything of his personal adventure.
- CREATOR: Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Epic, Earth's Human Behavior Confronted
- Graven Ideologies: Nietzsche, Derrida & Marion on Modern Idolatry (Christian Classics Bible Studies)
- Kierkegaardian Reflections on the Problem of Pluralism
- The Father's Will: Christ's Crucifixion and the Goodness of God
- The Realist Hope: A Critique of Anti-Realist Approaches in Contemporary Philosophical Theology (Heythrop Studies in Contemporary Philosophy, Religion and Theology)
- Between Philosophy and Religion, Vol. II: Spinoza, the Bible, and Modernity: 2
Extra info for Escape from God: The Use of Religion and Philosophy to Evade Responsibility