By Simone Tulumello
Read Online or Download Fear, Space and Urban Planning: A Critical Perspective from Southern Europe (UNIPA Springer Series) PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
From iconic neighborhoods equivalent to the French sector and the backyard District to extra economically modest yet no much less culturally shiny components, structure is a key aspect that makes New Orleans a rare American urban. Delirious New Orleans begun as a documentary venture to trap the idiosyncratic vernacular structure and artifacts—vintage mom-and-pop companies, roadside inns, reside tune golf equipment, neon indicators, wall work of art, fast-food joints, and so on—that helped supply the city's a variety of neighborhoods their exact personality.
How can technological know-how detect its power and aid us take on international inequality, environmental swap and crippling poverty? How can extra acceptable applied sciences be constructed for these such a lot in want? technological know-how has lengthy promised a lot -- new vegetation, new drugs, new assets of strength, new technique of verbal exchange -- however the strength of recent applied sciences has often bypassed the poorest humans and the poorest international locations.
Towns are the world’s destiny. this present day, greater than 1/2 the worldwide population—3. 7 billion people—are city dwellers, and that quantity is predicted to double through 2050. there's no query that towns are turning out to be; the one debate is over how they'll develop. can we put money into the actual and social infrastructure worthy for livable, equitable, and sustainable towns?
Der vorliegende Band geht den planungspraktischen Dimensionen der Mobilitätsforschung nach und setzt sie in Beziehung zu den Ergebnissen sozialwissenschaftlicher Erkenntnisse. Basierend auf einer im Jahr 2015 stattgefundenen Jahrestagung des Arbeitskreises Verkehr der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Geographie, geben die Beiträge einen Einblick in das Spannungsfeld der sozialwissenschaftlichen Mobilitätsforschung und ihrer Relevanz für die Verkehrsplanung.
- Regional Economic Impacts of Terrorist Attacks, Natural Disasters and Metropolitan Policies (Advances in Spatial Science)
- Optimal Trajectory Planning and Train Scheduling for Urban Rail Transit Systems (Advances in Industrial Control)
- Biophilic Cities: Integrating Nature into Urban Design and Planning
- Sites of Governance: Multilevel Governance and Policy Making in Canada's Big Cities (Fields of Governance: Policy Making in Canadian Municipalities)
- Stadtverkehrsplanung: Grundlagen, Methoden, Ziele (German Edition)
- Learning Transnational Learning (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
Extra resources for Fear, Space and Urban Planning: A Critical Perspective from Southern Europe (UNIPA Springer Series)